The OGAE Song Contest (SC) is designed to promote national music and singers from competing countries, and to give them wider exposure across member clubs.
The OGAE SC is an audio-based competition between songs nominated by member OGAE national clubs. This is not a Eurovision-based contest and songs should not have participated in any national Eurovision selection process.
All participating clubs and the organiser club must ensure that they comply with relevant copyright laws and regulations. All the materials used in OGAE Song Contest are used for promoting the artist(s) on the fair use basis.
- voting period – between 1 September and 15 October
- reveal of the results – no later than 31 October
In order to be eligible for inclusion, a song must:
- Have been commercially released prior to the entry submission date;
- Have been released on any recording material or any public platform not earlier than the start of the previous year of the Contest;
- Be essentially performed in a/the national language of the nominating OGAE national club; Up to 25% of the total lyrics (by word count) could be in a language other than the relevant national language(s);
- Be an original version (not a cover or a remix);
- Be a studio version, not a live recording or part of a film, etc.;
- The relevant song shall not have participated in the Eurovision Song Contest, Junior Eurovision, OGAE Second Chance Contest or OGAE Song Contest or any related public Eurovision preselections;
- Be performed by an individual with the nationality of the nominating OGAE national club. For groups, at least one performer must have the nationality of the nominating national club;
- Be of a maximum duration of 5 minutes.
 e.g. if the current year is 2020, the song has to be released not earlier then 1st of January 2019.
 nationality = having the citizenship of the country or their origin of the nation is proven.
Reach the all the further rules belong to OGAE Song Contest by clicking here.
For further information, please contact the OGAE International Contest Coordinator.