The OGAE Song Contest (SC) is designed to promote national music and singers from competing countries, and to give them wider exposure across member clubs.
The OGAE SC is a competition between songs nominated by member OGAE national clubs.
All participating clubs and the organiser club must ensure that they comply with relevant copyright laws and regulations. All the materials used in OGAE Song Contest are used for promoting the artist(s) on a fair use basis.
- voting period – between 1 September and 15 November
- reveal of the results – no later than 30 November
In order to be eligible for inclusion, a song must:
- Have been released on an album or as a single on vinyl, CD or as a digital download, or as a video, no earlier than the start of the year prior to the Contest;
- Be an original version (not a cover or a remix);
- Not include samples of any other song;
- The relevant song shall not have competed in the Eurovision Song Contest, Junior Eurovision, OGAE Second Chance Contest or any related public pre-selections;
- The video (if there’s any) must have been released by the relevant artist;
- The song and/or the video shall be a studio version of the song, not a live recording or part of a film etc;
- The performer must be an individual with the nationality of the nominating OGAE national club. For groups, at least one performer must be of the nationality of the nominating national club;
- Be of a maximum duration of 5 minutes. Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes (excluding credits).
 e.g. if the current year is 2021, the song has to be released not earlier then 1st of January 2020.
 nationality = having the citizenship of the country or their origin of the nation is proven.
Reach the all the further rules belong to OGAE Song Contest by clicking here.
For further information, please contact the OGAE International Contest Coordinator.